The Administrative Director, Digestive Health Institute (DHI) will partner with the DHI Vice President to set the overall growth, business, and clinical strategy of DHI and Joint Venture Partnerships. This position drives execution of operational components of the DHI business plan and strategy across UH continuum of care. A key component of this role involves monitoring and proactively planning to achieve performance targets, with an emphasis on those related to patient access, patient acquisition & retention, referrals and quality outcomes. This role is responsible for promoting a patient-centric culture, defining models of care and driving operational efficiency initiatives. In addition, this role assesses DHI market position, including market share, growth trends and financial performance relative to competitors, and drives improvement. The role is responsible for physician and APP recruitment and alignment with independent providers who support the continuum of care within the institute. This position is accountable for executing the DHI brand and promotional strategy and using the strategy to promote alignment between the clinical and educational missions. This position is responsible for determining DHI financial targets in collaboration with the DHI Vice President, Department Chairs and System Hospital Presidents. In addition, the position monitors the DHI budget and holds shared accountability with the DHI Vice President for contribution margin and budget. This position directly manages talent management and frequently collaborates with system leaders.
Primary responsibilities include:
1. Develops and implements strategic business plans for expansion and growth at Main Campus, Community Hospitals, Ambulatory Sites and potential external partnerships.
2. Utilizes decision support, planning and marketing data to aid leadership in prioritizing strategic objectives based on profitability analysis, market dynamics and related factors.
3. Designs, coordinates and implements data sources, analytics, reporting and presentations in order to provide clear and actionable information to the strategic decision making process.
4. Maintains current knowledge of new developments in health care, trends impacting the industry, population trends and health care needs; evaluates new technology with respect to clinical need and financial feasibility.
5. Collaborates with business partners on decisions related to fund development, managed care contracting, human resource management, financial budgeting, and capital construction.
6. Collaborates with management in policy formation, program and capital planning, quality improvement and medical outcomes monitoring, resource management and other issues related to Medical Services.
7. Collaborates with Physician Specialists to build and foster strong relationships within the Institute and Department of Surgery to promote tertiary services and grow volume in each of the practices and develop new and innovative services programs.
8. Demonstrates capabilities in cross-functional process assessment, problem solving, and process improvement. Works with System, Hospital, division and senior leadership to support and assist in establishment of focused local market strategic initiatives and resulting business initiatives.
9. Develops appropriate business plans in conjunction with Business Analytics/Development to meet strategic and business objectives, including data support and integrity, marketing resources, financial services, strategic planning, etc.
10. Provides day to day direction and coordination of select hospital and community based clinical services, including but not limited to full P/L accountability, charge capture and reconciliation, tactical and logistical planning. 11. Develops and implements goals, objectives, target benchmarks, and measurable success indicators that demonstrate full commitment to the highest standards of care. Provides direct day-to-day accountability by creating and monitoring internal controls for the professional services and professional service agreements.
12. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team of system, clinical, administrative, UHPS, financial and support services personnel throughout the UH organization.
13. In collaboration with hospital and health system resource, establishes and monitors reasonable productivity targets for providers. Provides day to day monitoring of professional billing activities routinely reviews and reports technical encounter/performance results as measured against targets.
14. Oversees the delivery of patient care and ensures optimal levels and continuous improvement of clinical and service quality.
15. Ensures compliance with State and Federal Laws, accreditation, professional and regulatory standards including quality assurance and licensure requirements, policies, procedure and moral and ethical codes. Maintains and applies current knowledge regarding applicable regulatory standards related to clinical service delivery.
16. Responsible for the financial and fiscal management, including budget development, variance management and expense management.
17. Oversees and manage the revenue cycle process and outcomes, implementing performance initiatives when necessary (registration accuracy, denial, management, etc).
18. Responsible for developing a talent management strategy that focuses on skill set inventory required to advance the Institute and Department of Surgery. Create a learning environment that fosters growth, creativity and accountability. 19. Demonstrates leadership skill when leading a team through organizational change, including the ability to train, motivate and influence.