Patient Access Supervisor.UHHS Patient Access Richmond-17500
Work Days of Week:
- Supervises operations and support functions for scheduling and or registration areas in Patient Access, allowing patient access to services with maximum throughput and minimal delay.
- Directly oversees registration staff members, and is responsible for ensuring their work output is satisfactory and their concerns are resolved.
- Is responsible for all hiring and related personnel decisions, completing routine performance review evaluations, and scheduling.
- Provides on call support 24/7 to staff members for scheduling, registration and reception services provided within the department.
- Performs duties to promote a Best Place to Work culture and positive work environment.
- Oversees department operations to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction, optimal billing and reimbursement, and to ensure adherance to policy, procedure and regulations.
- Performs routine reporting and audits.
- Maintains in depth knowledge of Patient Access department policies and procedures to ensure maximum utilization of facilities and staffing.
- Performs other back up duties in registration and or scheduling, and assists in the development of policy and or procedure updates, as needed.
- Maintains in depth knowledge of related clinical computer systems.
This role encounters Protected Health Information, PHI as part of regular responsibilities. UH employees must abide by all requirements to safely and securely maintain PHI for our patients. Annual training, the UH Code of Conduct and UH policies and procedures are in place to address appropriate use of PHI in the workplace.
- High School Equivalent / GED
- 5 plus years of experience in Patient Access required
- CHAA Certified Healthcare Access Associate
- Must have current CHAM CHAA, National Association of Healthcare Access Management certification for Healthcare Access Associates and Managers, or related medical certification, or take and pass within 9 months of hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.