Experience & Knowledge:
· Minimum of three years post RPSGT registration direct, sleep patient care experience.
· Two year general training experience preferred.
· Knowledge of EEG and EKG.
· Expertise in Sleep Study scoring accuracy per current AASM, and Interpreting Physician Standards as an ongoing quality assurance project.
· Progressive clinical experience.
· Demonstrates the ability to facilitate change, excellent communication and organizational skills.
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
· Effective written and verbal communication.
· Critical thinking/analytic abilities.
· Extensive understanding of physiological equipment, computer systems, and their interfaces.
· Planning and organization/long and short term.
· Organizational sensitivity.
· Problem solving.
· Ability to influence/advocate change.
· Adaptability, initiative, self-motivation/professional development and colleague development.
Nationally credentialed in an accepted health-related field (respiratory care, electroneurodiagnostics, or EMT-P) OR 4 year degree program and Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (or equivalent) with documented proficiency in all competencies required of a Technologist at UHC.
Required Credentials, License, and / or Certifications:
Registered PSG technician required. Certification by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (RPSGT) or equivalent such as RRT-SDS required.
Must have a minimum of 3 years of recent post RPSGT registration, direct sleep patient care experience. Two years of general training experience is preferred. Knowledge of EEG and EKG is required. Expertise in Sleep Study scoring accuracy per current AASM, and Interpreting Physician Standards is also a must. Schedule is 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday, Thursday, and Friday, and 7:00pm-7:30am, Tuesday. (Start and end times may vary depending on daytime scheduled studies).