Your Pursuit of Excellence Can
Be The Difference.
You’ve spent years acquiring the knowledge and skills that will propel your passion for helping others in the profession of health care. Now, it’s time to take the next step, and put your talent to work where you can make the greatest impact.
At University Hospitals, we know that today’s students are the future of health care. We’re committed to connecting you with the training and opportunities you need to Be The Difference. Among the resources we offer students are:
Nursing Assistant II (NAII)
Under the guidance of an experienced nurse, you will train to provide exceptional patient care as a Nursing Assistant II (NAII). This entry level position will introduce you to hands-on patient care, and better prepare you for your career in nursing. These are paid PRN opportunities offering the needed flexibility to work around your school schedule.
Eligibility requirements for the NAII program include:
- Current enrollment in an accredited professional A.D.N. or BSN nursing program with satisfactory academic record required.
- Successful completion of an appropriate clinical rotation including, but not limited to, patient care activities such as ambulating, transferring, bathing and grooming
For available NAII opportunities, visit our job search and search by “Nursing Assistant” under Professional Area.
University Hospitals offers a comprehensive, paid 10 week, hands on learning experience for BSN nursing students entering into their senior year. This program will provide you with the necessary clinical exposure to gain confidence in the nursing field along with strengthening your critical thinking, team nursing and time management skills. Throughout this program you will not only learn first hand what it is like to be a nurse at UH, but will also work side by side with a nurse preceptor who will provide you with a variety of opportunities to include:
- Interaction with patients and families
- Development of observational and assessment skills
- Practice of technical skills
- Identification of strengths and opportunity areas
- Investigation of clinical areas of interest for future career planning Eligibility requirements for the Nursing
Externship program include:
- Entering or currently in your final year of your BSN nursing program
- Cumulative GPA > 3.0 required, >3.2 or higher preferred
- Successful completion of an appropriate clinical rotation including but not limited to patient care, activities such as ambulating, transferring, bathing and grooming.
- Able to commit to the full 10-week program.
- Commit to temporary full-time status; shift rotations, off-shifts, weekends and holiday.
- The application process consists of two (2) steps. Interested, qualified applicants must:
- Submit an expression of interest to ob 170004WK on the UH Career Center (careers.uhhospitals.org)
- Complete one comprehensive application (click here to download application) submitted to University Hospitals Talent Acquisition department.
- Due to the high volume of applications received it is beneficial that the completed application be submitted in its entirety. Portions of the application received separately and / or individually (i.e. transcripts, letters of recommendations etc.) may subject the application to delay or inability to process.
- Application deadline is January 1, 2018.
Registered Nurses - New Graduates
For Registered Nurses: new graduates visit our job search and search by “Nurse – less than one year experience” under Professional Area.
Learn more about nursing at University Hospitals.