Nursing Assistant II (NAII)
Under the guidance of an experienced nurse, you will have the ability to provide hands-on patient care as a Nursing Assistant II. An NAII is
an entry level position that will introduce you to hands- on patient care, and better prepare you for your career in nursing.
These are paid PRN opportunities offering the needed flexibility to work around your school schedule.
Eligibility requirements for the NAII include:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited professional BSN nursing program with a satisfactory academic record
- Successful completion of an appropriate clinical rotation including, but not limited to, patient care activities such as ambulating,
transferring, bathing and grooming
For available NAII opportunities, visit our job search and search by "Nursing Assistant" under Professional Area.
Registered Nurses – New Graduates
For Registered Nurses: new graduates visit our job search and search by "Nurse – less than one year
experience" under Professional Area.
Learn more about nursing at University
University Hospitals offers a comprehensive, paid 10 week, hands on learning experience for BSN nursing students entering into their senior year. This program will provide you with the necessary clinical exposure to gain confidence in the nursing field along with strengthening your critical thinking, team nursing and time management skills. Throughout this program you will not only learn first hand what it is like to be a nurse at UH, but will also work side by side with a nurse preceptor who will provide you with a variety of opportunities to include:
- Interaction with patients and families
- Development of observational and assessment skills
- Practice of technical skills
- Identify strength and opportunity areas
- Investigation of clinical areas of interest for future career planning Eligibility requirements for the Nursing
Externship program requirements include:
- Entering or currently in your final year of your BSN nursing program.
- Cumulative GPA > 3.0 required, > 3.20 preferred
- Successful completion of an appropriate clinical rotation including but not limited to patient care, activities such as ambulating, transferring, bathing and grooming.
- Able to commit to the full 10-week program.
- Commit to temporary full-time status; shift rotations, off-shifts, weekends and holiday.
- The application process consists of two (2) steps. Interested, qualified applicants must:
- Submit an expression of interest to job #981205 on the UH Career Center (http://careers.uhhospitals.org/)
- Completion of one comprehensive application (application located on this page) submitted to the University Hospitals Talent Acquisition department.
- Due to the high volume of applications received it is beneficial that the completed application be submitted in its entirety. Portions of the application received separately and / or individually (i.e. transcripts, letters of recommendations etc.) may subject the application to delay or inability to process.
- Application deadline is February 1, 2016.